Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's been coming for a while now. The panic, the frustration, the tears

And you ask me tonight if there is anything wrong, and I struggle not to lose it right then and there and scream and rant and stamp my feet... And although I try to hide them, you see my tears. So let me explain.

It's been coming for a while now. The panic, the frustration, the tears...

The 19th of October you told me about moving in with your brother. And from that day, the 'countdown' began. But the countdown (which relied on your brother joining the army), didn't actually have a date and so it was more a waiting game. And in the meantime, everything was been put on hold.

And this has been driving me crazy for a number of reasons, things you didn't know or maybe haven't considered...

When A and I broke up, I took the same approach with him as I have with you... I left it to him to decide when to move out. I made no decisions to suit me, just let him get on with it. (sounding familiar). It took him over 6 months to collect all of his stuff after we had shared our bed for the final time and he moved in with his new girlfriend. Six long months. And when he finally did move out properly, it took me a loooong time to recover. To get accustomed to being on my own and standing on my own 2 feet. To being happy in my own company and beginning to do things I wanted to do. It was recovery time I needed, and whilst I do not regret it, I know it was a difficult time.

You would have thought I would have learned last time. But this time I have made the same mistakes and allowed the control to be taken out of my hands. But this time, it's feeling harder.

Back then, girlfriends helped me through and family also stood by me and held me close. My brother and his girlfriend in particular, became my best friends when A no longer took that space.

I told them first that he and I were over and they listened as I cried and told them how I couldn't expect him to stay in a relationship where he didn't feel the same as me any more. They were the ones that I hung out with on weekends when I didn't want to spend another moment alone. They were the ones that saw what I was going through, whilst others thought I was OK and told me how they thought I was so so strong and good natured about it all. They were good company. The best.

And now they are gone. My brother taken by cancer, and his girlfriend who I haven't spoken to for a year is lost now too. And so, as I face being alone again, my heart aches even more for the fact that they are not here and I feel even more lost. The friends who helped me through last time have their own hurdles to jump right now. One is struggling in her relationship, another facing a battle with cancer in the family. Another friend is having health issues of her own... And I can hardly keep landing on Mum and Dad's door every weekend if I want to get on with my life, nor do I want to - for their sake and mine.

And so, you moving out is something that I want desperately, but also something that I dread. Because this time, I am even more aware of how alone I am.

As I have begun to prepare myself for it, you have continued to get on with your life... (met a few girls) and now it sounds like you and M are both very happy, I am genuinely happy for you both. But you being 'distracted' is delaying the move (or it seems that way to me) as all your focus is now on M.

And whilst you have not been rubbing my nose in it, well not intentionally at least, you have in ways which you may not have been aware of...
In changing your status to "in a relationship" within the first week of meeting M. (it comes up on my facebook when friends change their status)
In the facebook entry by M saying she is ridiculously happy. (which I saw when I went to see your new status - don't worry, I am not stalking you or her)
In me looking at my history in Safari on my computer and seeing a number of searches for engagement and wedding rings.
A blog post with fireworks...
And whilst I am pleased for you, I'm wanting you to focus more on getting out of here, not devoting your entire time to a new relationship.

Because as you continue to do your thing, I have been in holding mode. Waiting for the time for me to start 'getting on with it' myself. And instead of it being like a band-aid being torn off nice and quick, the band-aid has been peeled off slowly, re-stuck once or twice and then pulled off slowly again. It has been a painful process for me, waiting and watching as you put everything else first but me and giving me back my space.

Are you starting to understand? Because really, I don't think you could have, even though you say you did. Maybe now you will understand why I have been a little edgy. A little snappy. And I hate myself for that too, because it upsets to me and you too. And that makes me feel bad. And I want to feel good again.

I deserve that don't I?

7 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend, is this what is happening in your life right now? This person needs to move out so you can get on with your life. What a truly cruel thing to go through. I have been here myself if you can find the stories on my blog. I haven't written in as much detail.
    I am here and you have some friends here.
    Keep with us girl!
    By the time I had gone through these two marriage's and a relationship after I had become more vigilant of way men talk, way they act. So men would talk to me but I was not interested in them as they seemed like baggage to me, I didn't want. My mum had been saying for years get tough girl and I couldn't, it hurt to get tough. So understand you totally in not being able to break from letting the other person take control.
    I want to say, there are people out there just like you and there is one special person that is very much like you and will be as devoted as you are and probably feeling very lonely without you. So hang in there girl! Every time you feel like you are falling apart, keep saying over and over again until it goes "your are worth more than this" You are worth more than to upset your self.
    BIG HUG!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felix, sorry if I have the wrong male/female?
    You go Felix!
    Keep with us Felix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacinta he has to get out. Period.

    No more delay.

    You will be fine. You are just afraid right now.

    He needs to be told to leave. He is selfish, to the extreme.

    Only you are caring about you Cinta and right now you aren't doing that either.

    God I wish I lived there.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinta just reading this again and I want him out. He is so god damn selfish.

    You are going to be more than fine. Believe me, I'm psychic and I know it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read your blog and it's killing me. You need to be strong. Your other readers are right - he needs to leave now. Tell him and mean it! Why do you care about his feelings when it's obvious he doesn't care about yours. He sounds like a very selfish man to me who is taking advantage of your good nature. You will be so much happier in your own space. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending my love dear felix!
    Sorry about me being thick sometimes.

    BIG HUG!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweetie, the pain you're going through. God. You deserve so much more than just feeling good. My god, you've given so much of yourself, he hardly deserves a breath of air from you.

    Stand your ground. Visualize all of your friends, far and wide (because you know we're from all over the world!) literally standing beside you, collectively supporting you while you do this. You CAN do it. This albatross has to be lifted and tossed away. Like the garbage it is.

    Do it. Tell him to leave. Now. Throw his crap out the door, change the locks. Be done.

    Know that we're all here for you and will be while you continue on the journey to the life that you so deserve - one that is beautiful and wondrous. FOR YOU.

    Do it. Make him go. Now.

    As you've already seen, the longer you wait the harder it becomes. It's not right. He knows it. He's playing right into it.

    Do it.

    Love and hugs to you,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete